- Sara McGrath explains Unschooling – educating without ‘manipulating or threatening them [children] into learning and doing things.’
- Cynthia Gorney’s Too Young to Wed -The secret world of child brides which continues despite legislation banning it, simply because these girls don’t matter in this world. Their mothers didn’t matter and neither will their daughters or grand-daughters.
- John Vidal and Claire Provost report on how American universities are colonising Africa.
- Mala Sen Obituaries from the Guardian and the Telegraph. Neither particularly great, I’ll look out for a better one.
- Lynsey Hanley reviews Owen Jones’ Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class. Definitely on my to look out for in charity shops list.
- GUN – A blog dedicated to ‘dedicated to my beloved Stitch and Scrump’. I love it and so do the various Stitches sitting next to my screen.
Easiest choice of beautiful music ever – the magnificent Pulp.
Recorded live off the TV, just as it should be 🙂