I don’t exactly do this weekly, so some links are old, but still worth reading I think. And there are too many of them.
- The Babylon Tales I’ve only just discovered this blog and it is fantastic. I can’t specify a post as they all make me laugh a lot.
- Beckicksle My lovely friend Becca, who I have known for a long time but never met in real life, has written an inspiring post regarding her mental health. It is so hard to do this, and I am so proud of her.
- Hyperbole and a Half Another new blog to me, which will quite literally steal your time. It is indescribable – go look.
- Sue Marsh details how ‘Sick and Disabled people are now facing cuts of up to a third in their incomes.’ This isn’t abstract, this is what has already been legislated by the tory government. It is vile. An October article in the Guardian spells out some of the other attacks.
- Labour leader Ed Miliband responds to the tory government, but seems to forget to mention how the most vulnerable people around him are being hit over the head with a sledgehammer. Perhaps he doesn’t see us, perhaps he is quite happy that the Tories are continuing Labour’s punishing policies. Thanks Ed – don’t ask for my vote again.
- BBC World Book Club Bernard Schlink talks about The Reader. One of the few books which is complemented and added to by its movie version.
Now for the music: