- La Via Campesina denounces Gates’ Foundation purchase of Monsanto Company shares and the special relation between the two organisations.
- Andy Worthington is writing an 8 part series about the ‘prisoners’ still left in the very much open Guantánamo hostage camp. Parts one and two are up already.
- John Cornwell sees a sly interpretation of (soon to be sainted) John Henry Newman’s views on conscience and change, by Pope Benedict IVX. More from Stephen Bates. Nice bit of power and politics all rolled into a beatification.
- The Vatican have the text of Benedict 16’s speeches in the UK, including criticisms of capitalism and the media which have unsurprisingly not made media headlines.
- Jennifer Sleeman, who is organising a one-day boycott of mass, receives backing from WOW but also hate-mail from numpties.
And now for a bit of beauty, Kula Shaker’s Drink Tea: